BID levy payers can still apply for one of its coronavirus re-opening grants, match-funded to a maximum of £750, which has been extended and can now be used to fund repairs and redecoration of business entrances and street frontages, refurbishment or replacement of graphics, and signage and improvements in accessibility such as the installation of ramps, automatic doors and handrails.
Grant Details & Conditions
BID levy payers can still apply for one of its coronavirus re-opening grants, match-funded to a maximum of £750, which has been extended.
The funding can also be used to purchase signage, barriers, screens or other equipment to facilitate the re-opening of businesses, that is required by the re-opening regulations and guidance, but does not include PPE equipment or employee costs.
All levy paying businesses within the Harrogate BID area are eligible to receive the grant however, overall expenditure will be limited to £30,000 this year. The grant will be distributed in date order of application until the budget has been depleted.
Businesses should submit their request for grant support to Harrogate BID via email to: email@example.com including a brief description of the equipment needed along with an estimate of costs and expected delivery date.
The BID will provide confirmation of grant funding subject to the following conditions:
- The repairs and equipment meets the criteria of the grant as determined by the Harrogate BID Board.
- The repairs and equipment is supplied by local companies who are based in the HG postcode wherever possible and practical.
- Valid receipts are submitted to Harrogate BID to enable the match funding to be calculated and verified.
- Permission is granted for Harrogate BID to publicise the benefits of work carried out to promote the business online/the equipment that has been purchased, including details of suppliers, through BID publications, press releases and the BID website including “before and after” photos.
- All grants are subject to availability – The BID is setting aside £30k this year to fund this initiative.
The Harrogate BID Area
Cold Bath Road
East Park Road
North Park Road
Victoria Shopping Centre