Harrogate BID is a non-for-profit organisation funded for by businesses to improve the area in which those businesses trade within. The BID is dedicated to maximising Harrogate as a destination and to empower businesses to tackle local issue.
Harrogate BID has 5 key aims:
1. Promotion, Marketing and Events
2. Access and Car Parking
3. Safe, Clean and Welcoming
4. Business Plus
5. Evening & Night-Time Economy
Business Liaison Officer Job Summary:
This customer and public facing role is critical in the delivery of the Harrogate BID Business Plan. Working closely with BID Levy Payers, Local Authorities, North Yorkshire Police and other influential organisations within the Town to keep the area safe, attractive and a great place to be. This role will be a key element in creating an area welcoming and safe to all.
A positive, can do attitude is vital.
Promotion – being a positive and knowledgeable advocate of all things Harrogate. Whether this be directions, sharing & partaking in upcoming events, local history, delivering an ambassadorial presence on the street or information sharing, you will promote Harrogate in the most upbeat style. Working closely with other promotional organisations you will strive to make your presence reflect positively on the Town.
Safe & Attractive – you will have a keen eye for detail. You will not be afraid to get your hands dirty getting involved in a range of projects whether this be identifying Anti-Social Behaviour, reporting/reacting to a street cleansing issue or using initiative to propose future improvements to Harrogate. You must be adaptable, working together with other key organisations for the good of the town. Experience in using online portals to log issues would be an advantage.
Business liaison – what can you offer the 500+ levy paying businesses in Harrogate? Good communication skills, retail experience, people management skills, hospitality experience, event management experience? The BID wants to offer a fantastic team, returning investment and adding value to Harrogate.
Other example essential responsibilities:
• Performing regular, allocated business visits, dealing with enquiries as they arise or referring these onto the relevant person/organisation.
• Administrating pre purchased Harrogate Gift Card’s through an online portal. • Collating deals and interactive trails for Harrogate’s LoyalFree app.
• Assisting in the identification and reduction of business crime and anti-social behaviour improving the perception of the town centre as a safe place in which to be.
• A daily, uniformed presence in and on the outskirts of the town which fall into the Business Improvement District.
• Acting in a supervisory role to ambassadorial volunteers committing time to the BID for the good of the town
• Distribution of literature on behalf of the BID as required. • Appropriate use of tools and equipment, including communication radios.
• Strict attention to personal responsibilities in the areas of risk management and health, safety and welfare, both in terms of self and others
Ideally you will be a good communicator with a positive can do attitude with experience of working within a customer facing role. You will take great pride in your professional and personal appearance with great people and problem solving skills. You will be the type of person with a can do attitude willing to ‘don many caps’. Within this role we are excited to meet the right type of people so do not require any official qualifications although please do share any you feel appropriate.
Terms and conditions:
Location – Harrogate BID area, a small amount a travel maybe required for training.
Salary – £20,000-£23,000 including pension scheme
Working hours – various hours are available, working part or full time, 5 days over 7 likely to be Monday to Saturday. This will be on an equal, agreed shift pattern likely to start and finish within the times of 8:30am – 5pm. The role could involve some evening work agreed in advance to support project & event delivery.
Reporting to – BID Manager
Contact and how to apply:
Please send Cover Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the email subject.
If you would like more information please do ring the BID office 01423 582030
The closing date for this role is Friday 3rd September with interviews available to work around the applicant’s availability.