TOWN CENTRE CLEANING
Harrogate BID are seeking to appoint a company/companies to carry out specialist cleaning throughout a defined area of the town centre on an ongoing basis over the next three years.
Since the legislation was introduced in the UK in 2004, more than 300 Business Improvement Districts (BIDs) have been developed in towns, cities and business parks across the UK with a total investment exceeding £100m annually. Their mission is to introduce new initiatives in the area to boost footfall, spend, dwell time and attract inward investment.
Ultimately, the aim is to maximise a destination and empower local businesses to tackle local issues. Money is raised locally, invested locally, and managed locally. It is a powerful voice for local business to shape our town.
Harrogate has fantastic assets, but is not immune to the general challenges High Streets across the UK face. The work of the BID aims to support, safeguard and improve Harrogate for residents and visitors alike, to make the town the best it can be.
- Direct and deliver over £3 million of investment in the town centre over the 5 years of the BID.
- Increase footfall and raise the town’s profile through enhanced and targeted marketing and promotions.
- Improve people’s experience and perceptions of the town by helping deliver a safe, clean and welcoming town centre, day and night.
- Address the issues of accessibility and parking.
- Make sure the voice of business is heard on key issues and together reduce business costs through centrally negotiated services.