Harrogate Borough Council have released details of the Local Restrictions Support Grant, intended for businesses that were trading up until the national lockdown when they were legally required to close.
Financial support for your business during the national lockdown
Applications are now being accepted for the government’s Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG). Your business may be eligible for a grant if it:
- is situated in the Harrogate district
- occupies property on which it pays business rates (and is the ratepayer)
- has been required to close for at least 14 days because of the restrictions
- has been unable to provide its usual in-person customer service from its premises. For example, this could include non-essential retail and personal services that operate primarily as an in-person venue, but which have been forced to close those services and provide a takeaway-only service instead
Your business won’t be eligible for the grant if:
- it is not rated for business rates purposes
- it has not been ordered to close or stop trading
- it was not operating before the restrictions were imposed
Your business may be eligible for a grant of up to £3,000 depending on the rateable value of the business premises. If your business has more than one eligible premise you will receive a grant for each one.
Applications are open at www.harrogate.gov.uk/business